[Coco] A hint for NitrOS-9, MPI, and "hard drive" PAK

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Dec 19 11:38:45 EST 2013

On Thursday 19 December 2013 11:30:18 Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) did opine:

> SALT chip ?
>
> There is one online copy:
>
> https://archive.org/details/TandyServiceManualColorComputer3
>
> hard to see the schematics though

They will enlarge, and the detail is good, nice scan. An SC77527 failure is
entirely possible.  I wonder if the shack (or Mark) has any spares? I'd
imagine I'd better put a heat sink on the replacement, and in a socket too.
I am only seeing 5 volts or nearly ground at the 4 pin din, which I think
confirms the diagnosis.

My 2 meg memory kit covers that whole area, so that will need to go in
order to make other measurements. Like verifying that the +-12 is actually
getting to the salt chip.  Should be an interesting replacement. Not.

Thanks Luis.