[Coco] Jammaboard CV-04 for Coco3

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Tue Dec 17 00:34:28 EST 2013

On 17/12/2013 9:21 AM, Steven Hirsch wrote:

> You'd think that
> someone, somewhere could come up with a converter that accepted RGB or
> composite video from various classic machines and presented something
> reasonable over VGA analog or DVI link.  I probably have a dozen different
> video converters here and none of them are without issues.

I was working on a converter that would accept TTL, composite, analogue
RGB and DVI of any frame rate and output to VGA/DVI (it had a triple frame
buffer, so PAL wasn't an issue). The idea being it could be used for ANY
retro computer/game input (except RF). It was for our own use initially,
not for sale though (it was based on a client's product). Having said
that, if we got it finished we may have considered scaling it down to a
commercial/hobbyist product.

Unfortunately, while we had Coco (RGB) & Amiga tested and working, we
never got composite working to our satisfaction and as it was, it was
going to be too expensive.

Maybe we'll re-visit it one day...

Regards,