[Coco] Modular Circuit Technology EPROM programmer - help?

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Mon Dec 16 00:04:05 EST 2013

On 12/15/2013 10:54 PM, Andrew wrote:
> All,
>
> I went to a computer swapmeet this morning, and picked up what I
> thought was a great deal: a Modular Circuit Technology MOD-MEP4A
> 4-gang EPROM programmer. I thought it just plugged into the parallel
> port...
>
> Well - I guess I was wrong; apparently there is some kind of an ISA
> card for it that you plug it into (which also has a DB-25 plug - I
> wonder how many people fried their LPT port or printer by plugging
> into the wrong card?).
>
> Anyhow - I effectively have a paperweight, but if I had the card, I
> could potentially use this programmer (well, I'd need the driver
> software, too - plus a manual I guess). Anybody have one I could
> purchase? Assuming you're not using it yourself, of course...
>
> If I end up having a paperweight, it's no large loss; I only paid a
> dollar for it.

I have an MCT MOD-EMUP hooked up to a Tandy 4000.  I don't know if the
software is compatible.  It is a DOS program and I am unaware of any
MS-Windows software for it.  If you are able to come up with the host
adapter board but no software I could send you a copy of mine to try
out.  I believe I got this from JDR in 199something.  They may still
have compatible bits and pieces.  I use mine for reading and writing
EPROMs, small PLDs, and testing DRAM, SRAM, and 7400 logic chips.
Pretty handy.

JCE