[Coco] CoCoEPROMpak v1.0.1: 8k banking support + LED

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Sat Dec 14 20:11:44 EST 2013

On Dec 14, 2013, at 13:09 , Chad H <chadbh74 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Well that's sort of already been done anyways.  Cloud 9's SuperIDE has 64k
> of fkash programmable from the CoCo.  Other people are already doing 'close'
> to what I'm imagining (like here..
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3vHKKITAlk)  Ijust gotta figure out how to
> make it happen.. details...details

I don't think the SuperIDE is being made any more.

A binary-encoded rotary DIP switch might be an easy way to add lots of bank switching to a larger EPROM if you would like to avoid the complexity of tacking a microcontroller onto the board. But then, if you have something like an Arduino connected to the board, then maybe you can also use it for other interesting functions besides ROM bank selection?

I'm just thinking out loud in case it gives you ideas. I think it's cool that folks are building expansions like this for the old CoCo.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/