[Coco] Jammaboard CV-04 for Coco3

Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 00:02:58 EST 2013

Steven you complained about the s-video on your Samsung but is it well
grounded ? Did you plug the sound RCA cable too? I saw some stupid TVs
to take the ground from audio plug only and maybe it's getting a
ground loop. Worth trying even if you have another s-video cable or
other s-video capable device to test.

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 11:57 PM, Sean <badfrog at gmail.com> wrote:
> The sad part is there are no new TVs I have found that have an S-Video port
> on them.  Beyond the HDMI ports, they will have one composite, and maybe a
> component, but no S-Video.
>

> On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM, Steven Hirsch <snhirsch at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 9 Dec 2013, Steven Hirsch wrote:
>>
>>  I just picked up a Weiya CV-04 RGB --> S-Video converter from Jammaboard
>>> at the suggestion of another user.  Unfortunately, the results are not at
>>> all good.  I'm about 99% sure I have things wired correctly, but the image
>>> on my Samsung 730MW TV is extremely blurry and seems to "swim" constantly
>>> with a beat-frequency ripple apparent on both sides of the display.
>>>
>>> Does anyone else on the list have experience with this product?
>>>

>> Grrrr.  Turns out that my Samsung 730MW TV has terrible S-Video bandwidth.
>> I would hardly even term it to be functional.  If I plug the converter
>> output into my Samsung 214T 21" monitor it's razor sharp.
>>
>> Would appreciate recommendations on monitors or TVs with known-good
>> S-Video handling.
>>
>> Steve
>>

>> --
>>

>> --