[Coco] Toolshed docs

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Dec 10 14:48:39 EST 2013

On Tuesday 10 December 2013 14:30:46 Bill Gordon did opine:

> Are there any docs for Toolshed? I'm having a very hard time making
> sense of the syntax suggestions that pop up when I try to use it.
>

> I'm trying to list a file within a .dsk image to a single text file that
> I can print.

You are I assume ding this one a PC, OS unk from your post.  But what you
want to do is first, copy that file out to a separate file, with syntax
something like this:

os9 copy imagename.dsk,path/to/filename filename

Now, since that file is a coco/os9 file it probably has carriage returns
($0d) as line separators, and the rest of the world seems to be using
linefeeds ($0a) for that, many of our printing utils will upchuck, printing
the whole file as one line at the top of the page, or can even crash, so
do:

d2u.sh InFile OutFile

Taken from one of my bash scripts that automate all this for me, and where
Infile and Outfile are prefedined paths because my scripts use a last 25
save filing scheme, so the filename is dynamically determined, but you can
specify your own input filename and output path/filename.  One can also use
tr for that if on linux:

tr "\r" "\n" <input_path_filename >output_path_filename

Then

lp -dPRINTERNAME filename

Your printer _should_ come alive and start handing it to you in a couple
seconds.  You may want to make sure it has enough paper. ;-)