[Coco] ADos

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Tue Dec 10 00:34:47 EST 2013

Arthur Flexser <flexser at ...> writes:

> The internal ROM is definitely soldered, or I'd have quite possibly
> have written Extended ADOS-3 to go there rather than combining it with
> ADOS-3 in a 16K EPROM in the controller.

Every PAL CoCo3 has the internal ECB ROM socketed.

Our ROMS differ from the NTSC ones because the ROM had to boot to RGB
palette since PAL CoCo's don't utilise the NTSC Composite video output of
the GIME. Instead, we have a daughter board that converts the RGB to PAL
composite and the palettes are the same.

Also, Australian PAL CoCo's need to boot to 50Hz instead of 60Hz.

Nick