[Coco] toolshed

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Dec 8 17:22:54 EST 2013

Le 2013-11-29 à 17:02:00, Wayne Campbell a écrit :

> It looks like I'll be waiting until all the files have been copied from
> those images. the command window is just too limited and slows me down
> too much. I will continue to work on it, but I would rather have a gui
> utility for dealing with files and disk images.

Depends also on whether on MS-Windows there are enough tools for
interaction between the command window and other windows, and whether you
know them.

For example, on Ubuntu (Linux), you can drag-and-drop from the File
Manager to the command window, and it automatically writes the full path,
with quotes, ready to be used in a command. That's easier than having to
type everything.

There's also the Tab shortcut for auto-completing filenames... which saves
a lot of typing when dealing with long filenames in a command window (when
you're not using the drag-and-drop tricks). I don't recall whether this
feature exists on MS-Windows.

The cool thing about commandline tools is that you can do batch-files
based on them. I wrote some batch-files for massive extraction of all coco
files of a multi-disk image. (mine are not CMD-compatible, though, because
CMD doesn't exist on Linux)