[Coco] Drive Wire strangeness

Tim Fadden t.fadden at cox.net
Sun Dec 8 16:32:54 EST 2013

Hi all,

I have a strange one.
Stock coco3 and multipak.  dw3 hdbdos rom in tandy controller and tc3
scsi controller.

Ok  built a floppy boot to boot making  x0 as DD and tc3 drivers for the
hard drive.  Every thing accessed as expected scsi disk and dw3 disks.
I then copied over the system to the scsidisk.

I then used the same mb script but changed the dd device from x0 to s0
and booted of of that one.

Booted fine, and the hard drive works as expected, but when I try to
access the S0 etc drives, I get a #221, module not found error.

I did an ident on the os9boot files for both, and all is good.  also
checked with mdir, and everything is there as expected.  also did a save
on the dw3 modules and did an ident and they are good.

What am I missing?

Also is there a way to make custom dw bootable .dsk files?  Using the mb
script and putting in /x0 to format does not work.

Tim