[Coco] 512k test

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Dec 6 23:47:17 EST 2013

Le 2013-12-06 à 23:21:00, Arthur Flexser a écrit :

> I can't try it either, but the disassembly of LPEEK and LPOKE shows
> that the ?FC ERROR results from the segment number exceeding $3F,
> which is a test for exceeding 512K, unless I've slipped a cognitive
> cog somewhere.

Yes, I had tried &H80000, and if the disassembly doesn't have a test for
something like over $0F or under $30, then it can't be checking for 128k
at all.

I just looked at the disassembly, and while I don't understand all what's
going on (like why it compares twice to #$3F), I see that a LPOKE or LPEEK
alone is not a sufficient RAM test.

BTW, if a byte of RAM is missing, what's the value of LPEEK ? Is it 0,
255, some other fixed value, or seemingly random garbage ?