[Coco] Coco 1 263-3001 just goes to 'ok' prompt when turned on

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Fri Dec 6 21:54:22 EST 2013

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 7:42 PM, Bruce W. Calkins
<brucewcalkins at charter.net> wrote:
> I have seen this behavior.  A fast off-on cycle does not allow the
> capacitors in the power supply to bleed down.  The CoCo 1 was worse than the
> CoCo 2 in this regard.

I thought memory refresh required the CPU to strobe various address
columns or something.  Merely having power supply capacitors holding
some voltage will do it??   I recall having tried holding down the
reset button for a number of seconds and seeing memory deteriorate
over that interval, when presumably the power supply caps were at full
charge.

Art