[Coco] 512k test

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Fri Dec 6 18:34:52 EST 2013

The most primitive sort of test is just to poke something into a
location within 128K memory and see if it ghosts to the corresponding
locations in 512K memory, as would occur on a non-upgraded 128K CoCo
3.  If it doesn't, it appears that the machine recognizes the 512K.

10 LPOKE &H22345,99:LPOKE &H12345,23
20 P=LPEEK(&H22345):IF P=23 THEN PRINT "UH-OH" ELSE IF P=99 THEN PRINT
"LOOKS GOOD SO FAR" ELSE PRINT "HUH??"

More extensive testing would require a larger set of locations and values.

Art