[Coco] Coco 1 263-3001 just goes to 'ok' prompt when turned on

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Fri Dec 6 16:50:12 EST 2013

Your CoCo is going to a warm start rather than a cold start.  The most
likely cause of this is that memory is staying with its previous
contents despite the lack of refresh while power is off.  Normally,
the cure would be simply to leave the CoCo off for a longer time
before powering on again.  You can verify that this is what is going
on by doing a POKE &H71,0 before powering off, which should cause a
cold start on the next reset or power on.  If $71 contains a $55 byte
and $72 contains a zero byte, that tells Basic it should go to a warm
start rather than a cold one.

Maybe it is something weird with your RAM chips that is causing
unusual memory persistence?

Art