[Coco] SWTPCEmu Disk Images Cataloged

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue Dec 3 18:02:17 EST 2013

To anyone just jumping in on this thread, these disks are NOT Coco OS9 disks. The disks are in a propriety format for the 6809 SWTPc. The OS9Boot files are for this machine, not a Coco and would not boot on a Coco. In analyzing a lot of the files, they are standard OS9 cmds and would probably run on any 6809 OS9 machine. The major difference is in the bootfiles and drivers. The are for the SWTPc hardware which was quite different from the Coco. A lot of these files probably predate the Coco as I keep seeing 1980 copyrights on some things.There is also a full 6800/6809 Flex library.

The SWTPc, from what I've seen in searching the website, was a pretty versatile machine. The 8x 50pin card bus alone made it more expandable than the Coco. All that it would've needed was a video card with graphics capability and it could've had graphics similar to the Coco or better. There were boards for up to 512k and maybe more.

This board would make a good jump-start for building a nice "user configurable" 6809 system. The cards could be designed to do about anything with hardly none of the constraints I've seen on other 6809 board projects.

This site has all the docs, specs, schematics etc:
http://www.swtpc.com/mholley/index.html

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia