[Coco] SWTPCemu Is Running in Genuine Windows 7!

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Mon Dec 2 05:34:22 EST 2013

Hi Everyone!

After finally reading all the emails concerning SWTPC, SWTPCemu, OS9 Boot
disks, OS-9 disk image collections and OS9 L1 source files from Microware, I
decided to check and see if my installation of SWTPCemu is working.  After a
very quick boot of the SWTPCemu and an OS9Boot disk, I can offer my help at
working with OS-9 on SWTPC in emulation mode anyway.  I already had SWTPC
configured to run OS9.  Boy, it took me quite a while to accomplish that!
Hummm, I haven't written that up on my Cocopedia wiki page yet.  I'll have
to do that soon.

Since my first Kipper CPU card is going to have an MC68B50P on it for
primary communications to a console terminal, this particular version of
OS-9 will be very interesting indeed.  It has definitely peaked my interest!
As this Kipper SBC has no on-board floppy or hard drive controllers, I will
be reviewing current floppy and Hard drive controller designs from other
systems for possible inclusion into the overall Kipper design.  Some designs
have already been Kipperized.  Did I just create a new verb?  I believe I
did.  That is interesting!  I've never done that before.  So Cool!  Anyway,
I digressed.  Back to the project at hand.

Eventually, I'd like to see OS-9 and ultimately NitrOS-9 running on my
little computer that will.  In the meantime, I need to finish merging the
6-Chip 6809 computer design and the SiMon6809 computer design into one
complete CPU card with a Serial port and a USB slave port.  Anyone who would
like to help me go over the design for accuracy and correctness, and who
would like to contribute to the final version of the very first 6x09 based
Kipper single board computer CPU card are encouraged to contact me.  I would
also definitely appreciate it as well.

Joel, I downloaded the Microware OS-9 L1 source code files you put together.
Thank you for your hard work figuring all this out for us.  I'll be eagerly
looking over all the code in preparation for creating one or more eproms for
this first Kipper SBC.  I'll have to take a look at the binary roms that
came with the SWTPCemu.  I'm sure it would help me get it going.

Hopefully I'll be able to eventually boot OS-9 from eprom, one way or
another.  The very first epromed version of OS-9 will most likely be quite
small.  Just enough to get up and running.  Maybe a disk in rom to start off
with.  Sounds like a driver for an eprom based solid state drive will be
needed or will it all work the first time if it all is in eprom ordered in
the same way that it would have loaded into ram?  Ideas anyone.  I'll have
to think on this one very carefully.  In doing so, you just might see smoke
come out of my ears!  J

If further specific design information is needed, just ask.  I'm happy to
share.  Take care my friends.

Kip