[Coco] Writing a CPU simulator for the 6809

Jens CoCoList at jensdiemer.de
Thu Aug 29 12:57:35 EDT 2013

Am 28.08.2013 12:34, schrieb CoCoList at jensdiemer.de:
> I would like to have a Dragon 32 Emulator in Python. So i fork the code and
> change a little stuff here and there:
>
>      https://github.com/jedie/DragonPy
>
> But my know-how in this area is very limited. Think i can't bring it into a
> working state alone... Anyone interested in this?

I came to the conclusion that it would be better to contribute to the origin
"applepy" project, instead of fork and change it.

Therefore, I make a fresh start here:
	https://github.com/jedie/PyEmulator/

I have started to split https://github.com/jtauber/applepy into a Apple 2
specific part and a generic part. The destination is that is that it is possible
to emulate similar hardware with the same code base. Like CoCo / Dragon machines.

See: https://github.com/jtauber/applepy/pull/19

I also started to add a Dragon 32 part. But this is not usable, yet. Because i
have just copy the 6502 part and haven't the know how really change it to a
working 6809...
But it's helpful to see if the split makes sense.

Maybe i can also add a CoCo machine, if anyone can contribute information about
this.

Would be great if anybody with more know how can contribute stuff to get the
6809 CPU and the needed peripheral devices workable.

--

Mfg.

Jens Diemer

----