[Coco] MW Basic version of DCom was: Cocopedia update

Wayne Campbell asa.rand at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 21:23:31 EDT 2013

On Aug 13, 2013 6:15 PM, "Bob Devries" <devries.bob at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Wayne,
>
> Thanks for your efforts to this obviously complex system.
>
> Have you ever had the opportunity to compare Basic09 with MW Basic for
the 68000 version of OS9?

> I'm sure that those few of us here who still use the MM/1 and/or other
OS9/68K computers would be interested to know whether there is enough
similarity to be able to construct a version of DCom/decode for Basic/68K.

> Regards, Bob Devries
> Dalby, QLD, Australia

Hi Bob,

I have been thinking about this. A collaborative effort could return a
faster result, in my opinion.

I can put together a quick routine that will load and pack under level 2.
My understanding is that you can load level 2 source into MW Basic and it
will load and run. I have never tested this. If it is true, then decoding
OSK Basic I-Code will be easier. I will provide a copy of the source. You
pack it, then dump the I-Code module to a text file and send it to me.
Comparisons with the L2 version will tell us much.

If you are interested, we can start soon. I will write the code and email
it to you.

Wayne