[Coco] Composite Video

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Aug 15 02:31:13 EDT 2013

On Thursday 15 August 2013 02:18:09 Kip Koon did opine:

> Bill,
> If you have a dead Coco 3 that you don't want, I'd like to have it for
> experimentation.  Please let me know what you find.  Thank you in
> advance. Kip

Every digital tv I have, works just fine watching a very weak signal from a
10 watt translator on UFH channel 22, 17 air miles away in Clarksburg that
the commission allowed us to keep on the air, broadcasting in NTSC for the
few remaining folks in Clarksburg that haven't replaced their old tv's yet.
I've grown accustomed to the hidef sharper image, so this looks a bit
fuzzy, and even has genuine snow from the weak signal.  That was originally
mandated that they work for exactly that reason, and I don't recall reading
where the requirement that they still work on an NTSC signal has been
sunsetted.

So, fed RF from the coco, it probably will.  Also I have yet, 2 or 3 dvd
players that output in NTSC composite, and we can still play the old disc's
just fine.  One newer one I have hooked up both as composite and HDMI to
the 42" in Dee's room.  The HDMI picture is noticeably better, but I don't
know as Dee's eyes know the difference.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
BOFH excuse #220:

Someone thought The Big Red Button was a light switch.
         law-abiding citizens.