[Coco] Lat blast before Vegas

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Mon Aug 12 00:41:39 EDT 2013

On 12/08/2013 2:31 PM, John Musbach wrote:

> Neat, if you don't mind me asking--what did you do for work in Vegas?

I'm an electronics design engineer. I was on contract to an Australian
company who were doing work for a US company in Vegas. They needed some
on-site support and I ended up there on 4 occasions for around 3 months in
total, the longest stint being 6 weeks. It was a blast!

I love Vegas, but I don't gamble and I didn't see a single show while I
was there. Away from the strip I just love the fact that it rains about 6
days/year, you can see mountains in every direction, can drive to the snow
in a few hours, and it's a short trip to Red Rock Canyon, Valley Of Fire
State Park, not too far to Grand Canyon, Zion... knew some ex-pat Aussies
who lived there for 8 years and only moved back because their jobs ended.

Regards,