[Coco] OS-9 "C" question

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Thu Aug 8 00:26:17 EDT 2013

On Wed, Aug 07, 2013 at 11:18:01PM -0400, Bill Pierce wrote:

> Thanks Willard, that's what I was looking for.

No problem.  Pipes and paths and child processes can get a little
complicated.

> Now, how would you reverse that to bring things back to normal for a
> program to keep on running normally once the forked program has
> closed?

Are we still talking about paths or are we talking about processes
now?  lookterm2 restores its paths to their original sources after the
os9fork().

I'm not entirely sure about all the details of how fork, exit,
and wait interact with each other under OS-9...

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
  -- R.E. Howard