[Coco] OS9

Jim Carpenter jim at deitygraveyard.com
Mon Aug 5 21:29:46 EDT 2013

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 7:40 PM, John Donaldson <johnab8yz at verizon.net> wrote:
> while cleaning out a large container I came across a couple of CD'd that I
> had totally forgotten I had.
>
> The first one is Enhanced OS-9 by MicroWare
>          OS-9 Evaluation Package (X86)
>          OS-9 Board Level Solution (X86) password Protected
>          OS-9 OEM Package (X86)  password Protected
>          Upgrade Evaluation Package (X86) to Board Level Solution (X86)
>
> The other one is Fastrack V2.2 for Windows by MicroWare
>          FasTrak for Windows Manuals in PDF Format
>
> Is the OS-9 Evaluation Package any use?
> Is there a way around the Password protection for the OS-9 Board Level
> Solution?

Please don't throw them out. :)

A long time ago Micoware sent me the Enhanced OS-9 for X86 Evaluation
CD v1.0. It has the evaluation package and the password-protected
upgrade package too. I don't believe the password protection was any
problem. I have a note with the CD saying the password was
X86-RNP9-8GN0-D#XN-5#EN . I don't know what version you have but try
that. I think I found it while browsing with a simple hex editor.

Let me know what you find. I've actually been wanting to play with it again.

Jim