[Coco] Multi-Processor 6809 Computer System

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Tue Apr 30 14:48:39 EDT 2013

 > As would SMP. All changes are done at the OS level applications need
 > not even know they are running on a multi-processor machine.

So, all RS-DOS applications would benefit from this?

 > I think the single greatest expansion option would be a plug in Video
 > Cartridge with better graphics and the ability to connect to modern
 > technology displays.

Better graphics with more color and resolution means more memory required.

And this to still be pushed by the same 1.78Mhz CPU?

Seems like we'd be going from slow to slower.

I'm back to my original statement... the greatest upgrade that can be
offered to the CoCo3 is a faster CPU.

This will make a world of difference to EVERYTHING currently on the CoCo
and open the doors for more complex applications in the future... even
with the current video system.

And if you want to run an LCD, there are several 15Khz RGB to 31Khz
Scandoublers out there on Ebay. I bought one for $30 and it works a charm.

Nick