[Coco] Aaron's apology and Coco Contest Results

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 22:53:44 EDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 8:26 PM, Frank Pittel <fwp at deepthought.com> wrote:
> Allen,
>
> I have to agree that this years fest was unusual. There was an energy and excitment I haven't seen since I started going
> to the fest. If you look at the posts on the mailing list and conversations on the coco IRC channel you can see it. There's
> new hardware being designed and built as well as new software being written!
>
> The Other Frank

I noticed this too and heard some comments from others about it.  I've
only been to the last four fests, but this one did have a more
energized and upbeat feeling than the others.  We had lots of new
people attend, both long time fans who made it to their first fest and
people newly interested in the CoCo.  I had the opportunity to spend
time talking with three guys who are traditionally C64 fans but have
become interested in the CoCo and 6809 recently.  They said it was a
great time for them, regretted only making it to one day and hope to
attend both days next year.  We also had a record number of people in
the chat room and watching the video feed.  I checked the server log
and at one point Saturday afternoon there were 46 simultaneous
viewers.  Over 200 different IP addresses connected to the feed at one
point or another, though this is a difficult metric to assign meaning
to since dynamic IPs and the same person on multiple devices inflate
the unique user count.  I don't recall the exact numbers from years
past but they were not anywhere close to these.

Things are happening.