[Coco] Hello from CoCoFest

Mike Rowen mike at bcmr3.net
Sat Apr 27 20:43:52 EDT 2013

It's been a great Fest so far. I got a peek at Darren's SD pack. Very nicely constructed device. I watched it load several programs known to require the WD chip & it ran them just fine. I know it's still a prototype, but nice work. I look forward to the release version in the future.

The new venue is very nice. It's unfortunate that we are broken into two rooms, but not unmanageable. It's way cheaper to rent and nicer. There's a small cafeteria area that we use for speakers & presentations.

It's been a busy place and lots of good discussions & ideas. Hopefully you've had a chance to watch some of the live feed. I didn't have a chance to join the coco chat today. I'll try tomorrow.

I'm selling my CoCo mugs for $6.00 ea. If anyone who could not make it would like one, they are $6.00 + shipping. Just send an email to cocomug at bcmr3.net.

Cloud-9 has a big line of boards here and some prototypes. Several folks have FPGA CoCos here as well. I still have to spend more time with various tables. They've been too busy with other people!

I have a Tano Dragon here and I saw a few others as well. The auction is always a hit as it will be tomorrow.

Steven did his CoCo 1 laser show. I had not seen it before as this was only my 3rd Fest. That was very interesting.

I met several people for the first time & it's always nice to put faces with the names. I'm looking forward to the software competition results tomorrow. I know several entrants are not actually here, but it's cool seeing all the great work you've all done.

I'm sure I missed many details, but it's been a blast. It would take a long time to mention everyone here, but great to see so many CoCo's still kicking and to rub elbows with so many talented folks (much more capable than me!).

Cheers from CoCo Fest!
-Mike Rowen