[Coco] OS-9 History

Thierry Mella thierry.mella at skynet.be
Sat Apr 27 17:47:06 EDT 2013

Harry Hurst a écrit :
>> I wonder what is the history of OS-9 level one ? Is it just an attempt
>> to create a "Unix clone" on the 6809 ? Or are there somes others reasons ?
>>
> There doesn't seem to be a lack of info on OS-9 history. Just google "os9
> history (6809 OR 6309)" (the cpu specs should filter out Apple results).
> The first dozen of the 400,000+ results looked like they were on topic.

Indeed, I have forgotten to "google" my question. Sorry !

But I have chosen to ask it on the CoCoList first in order to :

1) meet the others members of the list

2) create a "memory brainstorming" about OS-9 history during the time
that you all meet "physically" during the CoCo Fest.

By the way, I can watch you thanks to the Live feed and, in comparison
with 1983 technology, that's a shock ! At that time, I couldn't imagine
such improvements in telecom technology (I think that no one could
at that time!)

Happy CoCoFest to you all ! :-)

Thierry

--
I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.