[Coco] OS-9 History

Wayne Campbell asa.rand at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 08:50:37 EDT 2013

I would also like to know the real story. Back in the 80s, I heard it like this (actually read it, but cannot recall if it was in a magazine or a manual.)

Microware contracted with Motorola to develop a BASIC language that would show off the capabilities of the new 6809 processor. Microware developed Basic09, and created OS-9 as a foundation for Basic09. The real-time aspect of the os was to prove it could be done.

That is the way I have known the story since then.