[Coco] Coco 2 with Color BASIC 1.3

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Sat Apr 27 02:36:49 EDT 2013

Ben,
I just found the exact same model number Coco 2 - 26-3134B in storage, so I
opened it up to see what was in it.
Mine has an eprom with Extended Color Basic 1.1 installed.  The four jumpers
are soldered in the 128K position.
As far as I can tell, changing the four soldered jumpers from 64K to 128K
that are at the end of the Color Basic 1.3 rom socket and replacing the
Color Basic 1.3 rom with a 27c128 eprom with Extended Color Basic 1.1 rom
image burned in it should be all you need to get Extended Color Basic 1.1
running on your Korean Coco 2 computer.
My Korean Coco 2 also has just two memory chips in it and when I issue the
Basic command "?MEM", I get 24871 bytes free.  When I issue the "PCLEAR1"
Basic command, and then the "?MEM" command again, it displays 29479 bytes
free.
So I would say if you get the same results, you can be pretty sure you have
64KBs of ram memory in your Korean Coco 2.  Mine has the two white expansion
single row sockets for a daughter board also, but no expansion board is
installed.
If you need an eprom burnt for your Coco 2, I'd be happy to help you with
that.  Now that I have found a Korean Coco 2 in my storage, I can actually
test the eprom before I ship it.  Send me a private email and let me know
the details.
Kip