[Coco] OS-9 History

George Ramsower georgera at gvtc.com
Fri Apr 26 23:20:00 EDT 2013

 I really want to know, and I'm waiting to hear/read about the history of
OS9.

 If memory serves me correctly....

 I've read, many years ago, that Microware wanted to make a RTOS for a
microcomputer to be similar to Unix and that the 6809 was perfect(at the
time) for this application. I've even read that OS9 was developed for NASA
on the eary missions and BASIC09 was developed for the Radio Shack release.

 Don't know if any of this is true but, that's what I remember.

 I'm really intersted to see some input on this.

George