[Coco] Coco 2 with Color BASIC 1.3

Aaron Banerjee spam_proof at verizon.net
Fri Apr 26 20:30:13 EDT 2013

Ben,

Given the post (not the post you wrote, but the one the computer was
displaying when it booted -- "COLOR BASIC 1.3 (C) TANDY"), and that
those particular commands you mentioned don't work, my first guess is
that you don't have an Extended Color BASIC chip in your computer
(some Coco 2s don't).

To see how much memory you have, type "PRINT MEM" or "? MEM"  You'll
either have 16K or 64K (was there a 32K COCO2?).  If you get 20
something thousand bytes (help me out here folks), you've got 64K,
otherwise, 16.

I don't think I still have an Extended BASIC chip in my junkbox, but
if I do, I can send it with instructions on how to install it (and get
commands like PMODE, SCREEN, etc to work).

           - Aaron