[Coco] No more dream ports (Was:Wolfenstein 3-D on a 4.77mhz 8088? So, 6809 port, anyone?)

Fedor Steeman petrander at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 03:35:55 EDT 2013

Well, the experts have spoken and what they say makes a lot of sense.

I whole-heartedly agree that we should not pretend that the CoCo can do
more than it actually can, and that its relative simplicity yet powerful
CPU c.q. BASIC language is exactly what makes it attractive to write stuff
for in these days!

A close rendition of something like W3D is of course out of question. But
perhaps we could approach it CoCo-style? I mean we could use the model of
Androne/Phantom Slayer/etc. and perhaps throw some horizontal scrolling in
the mix. So the steps are the limiting factor, but within the steps, you
have some freedom for aiming at and shooting stuff.

Just my 50 øre...

Cheers,
Fedor

PS: Can that Marty's Nightmare game still be acquired somehow?