[Coco] No more dream ports (Was:Wolfenstein 3-D on a 4.77mhz 8088? So, 6809 port, anyone?)

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Thu Apr 25 00:39:19 EDT 2013

On 25/04/2013 12:24 PM, Steve Bjork wrote:

> It would be very easy to do a continuous vertical scrolling shooting
> game like Xevious or 1942.

Xevious is my all-time favourite arcade game, and 1942 is pretty high on the
list as well. I'd love to see those done for the Coco...

I've always wondered whether Xevious really _needed_ three CPU's, especially
given the scrolling, tile and sprite hardware. I figure not because it was
ported to home machines with far less processing and graphics power. The NES
port, for example, is pretty impressive.

Of course, emulating sprites on the Coco is always going to be the bottleneck...

Regards,