[Coco] Wolfenstein 3-D on a 4.77mhz 8088? So, 6809 port, anyone?

Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 09:45:25 EDT 2013

No, I'm talking to use 160 pixels (for 320x200 coco3, 16 color) mode. You
use a byte for each 2 pixels.

There is one thing about the PMODE4 artifact colors. Modern OSes (windows,
linux, etc) use a similar technique to create smooth fonts like Clear Type.
Take a printscreen, paste it into pbrush of any other graphic tool and
magnify it. Look the red and blue subpixels around the text. Does it
creates some nostalgia on you ?

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 1:20 AM, Steve Bjork <6809er at srbsoftware.com> wrote:

> Yes, there is a 6309.  Since the CoCo was never made with the chip (And so
> few have it installed) I would say that is not part of a "On a CoCo"
> subject.
>
> I should point out that none of my games on coco 2 games used "2 pixels
> per color".  They where what the CoCo 2 used was of two bit color or 4 dots
> per screen byte of memory.  Even the artifacting mode of was bases on a 1
> Bit Color mode, but on NTSC systems it was 2-bit color of Black, Blue, Red
> and White.
>
> I say one more time, all my CoCo 2 games were 2 bit color with 4
> addressable dots per byte.  Well, on NTSC systems anyway.
>
> What you are talking about would be only 32 pixels across the screen.
>  That's 1/2 the resolution of the Simi-graphics mode of the 6847.
>
> Steve
>
> On 4/23/2013 7:50 PM, Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) wrote:
>
>> Hey Steve,
>>
>> But for 6309 and using a wide pixel (2 pixel with same color) we can have
>> some improvement.
>>
>> all coco2 games uses 2 pixels per color anyway ;)

Long live the CoCo