[Coco] CoCo Linux Live CD

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Sun Apr 21 13:58:55 EDT 2013

So it looks like all Chris Hawks would have to do is install
"Remastersys" on his RPi already set up to boot up as a virtual CoCo and
make a live CD...

This could be the basis for the "CoCo4" many of us have mentioned. I
know there are two camps -- actual hardware and emulation. Start with
the Live CD as a virtual CoCo3, then maybe that can be enhanced to
become a Virtual CoCo4 (VCC4). Those who must have actual hardware will
still have the FPGA project. Would be nice if enhancements in the VCC4
could be matched in the FPGA version, but that might not always be
possible. I hate to see a split, since software made for one may not run
on the other due to different enhancements, but that may just have to be
an accepted consequence, with the alternative being to do nothing...