[Coco] CoCo Linux Live CD

Frank Swygert farna at amc-mag.com
Sat Apr 20 07:52:11 EDT 2013

Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 20:16:41 -0400
From: Alan Jones<alwanbi at live.com>

Hi Guys,
I was wondering if I can motivate a new CoCo project here on the mailing
list?
I am doing more and more of my computing in a Linux environment but I have a
lot more to learn.

What I propose is a group project that we can all participate in.

I want us to create a Linux live CD, as a group, with at least one or more
emulators installed and preconfigured.

The live CD will also come with disk images of our favorite software: games,
utilities, programming languages, operating systems, ect.

What do you guys think of such a project?

If you configure it for a minimal Linux (just what is needed, plus some disk utilities and such for maintenance and file transfers), and have it boot up directly into MESS ready to go as a CoCo, I think you'll find a lot of interested parties! Just stick a CD in and boot, and have an emulated CoCo ready to go? Wonderful!

--
Frank Swygert
Editor - American Motors Cars Magazine