[Coco] VCC freezing up under Ubuntu

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Fri Apr 19 18:35:51 EDT 2013

Lothan,
C++ 6 is actually still supported by Microsoft. They dropped all support with the release of Vista or maybe a little before then picked it back up as they found that 60% of the major 3d gaming engines by $$$$$ companies were still using and developing with the old libraries and they were pissed about it. Also a ton of business software that's still being used on Windows Server 2003 also use the C++ runtime libraries. So they picked the support back up and updated some of the DLLs and other things and anything compiled with Visual Studio 6 with the newer libraries should run on all new Windows builds. How long this will last, I don't know.
I actually got an email about this from MSDN (microsoft developers network) about a year after Vista came out and downloaded the SDK for the new libraries as I use the complete Visual Studio Enterprise 6 package and it wouldn't run well under Vista. Now it does.

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com