[Coco] [COCO} VCC 1.43beta release

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 03:00:18 EDT 2013

You know, its probably worth mentioning that the Becker interface support
now found in Vcc, XRoar and CoCo3FPGA is not at all limited to use with
DriveWire.

If you've ever wanted a simple way to write code that gets data in or out
of an emulated CoCo, it doesn't get much easier than the Becker port.  It
just maps a simple FIFO to a TCP socket, and the other end of that
connection can be nearly anything, including another program running on a
PC or even another CoCo that is running DW.

We've worked hard to make this a standard across as many CoCo
implementations as possible, so it would be great to see it put to a
variety of uses.  There are even rumors of the Becker port being
implemented on a real CoCo :)

Anyway, yes it makes using DW with emulators possible, but I think there
are possibilities far beyond just that.