[Coco] CoCo-X project

Mike Rowen mike at bcmr3.net
Thu Apr 18 16:24:35 EDT 2013

I agree with you, Mark. Clearly, the CoCo-X is out of reach for many who have interest. But the interest will likely continue within the CoCo community. Even if the Kickstarter project falls short of it's goal, it at least establishes what might be available to produce something or simply have succeeded in testing the potential market, which may be too small. I certainly applaud Gary's effort. I have great interest in any CoCo project that may expand it's capabilities. They are purely for hobby & personal enjoyment reasons. As you say; if it's been 30 odd years, a few more won't hurt. How many of us would now buy an MM/1, TC-9, or OS-9 system featured in 68' Micro if we could? Getting back into the CoCo has been my chance to do it the way I couldn't 30 years ago. So certainly nostalgia is a major driver, and our small community is a unique one. I don't see this ever becoming unpleasurable for myself and I'm sure you who have been with it these decades feel the same way. :) I support those with the time & skills that I lack. If I were to hit the lottery, I would likely devote myself to chasing all the knowledge I lack about the CoCo just for the sheer enjoyment of it. :) I don't have that kind of time currently, but I do what I can, even if that's just reading everyone else's posts here while I'm on the run.

Cheers,
-Mike