[Coco] CoCo-X project

Fedor Steeman petrander at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 09:32:13 EDT 2013

Hi all,

Gary Becker's CoCo-X project, as based on the great FPGA design work done
by several people, looks really promising as a replacement CoCo or even as
a form of "CoCo 4". However, there aren't many backers yet and the closing
data is coming soon.

How do people feel about this possibility? Is it too expensive? Would more
graphics mode be enticing? It already supports a 256 color mode and
clockings speeds to a whopping 20 MHz.

There has been a lot of talk of a CoCo 4 and this is the closest thing yet.
So I would expect a lot more people to be interested that is mirrored by
the present number of backers.

Even if the project i not going to make it I would implore Gary Becker not
to give up and give it another try later on. Or perhaps find ways to make
the CoCo-X even more attractive.

Kind regards,
Fedor Steeman