[Coco] Floppy Controller available.

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Tue Apr 16 23:55:25 EDT 2013

It doesn't matter which of the index holes was originally the "real"
one when the disk was formatted.  The CoCo uses the index hole ONLY in
formatting, not in reading or writing to the disk, so whoever inherits
this stuff doesn't need to worry about this in trying to read whatever
is on the disks.

Also, if I'm remembering right, didn't J&M's JDOS have an alternate
disk format that broke the storage down into smaller units than a
granule?  Maybe the unreadable disks were written using that format
and can only be read under JDOS?  Or perhaps they are normal RSDOS
disks and, if JDOS is in the controller, they can't be read because
JDOS expects its own format?

Art