[Coco] The myth of the Coco3 256 color mode :)

Tue Apr 16 20:38:10 EDT 2013

Hi,

Not only was it too long, I kept looking for some sign that it was 256
colors and perhaps missed it. I watched the start and the end.

The static 64 color demo did show that ~ 64 colors were used, all 64 on the
screen at once.

The demo could actually be using only 64 colors, but I think not as the 64
color mode only allows 16 colors per line.

Some of the pictures appear to be using much less than 256 colors.

> I also included one picture that was not a photo but a computer generated
> graphic.

Time code for that please.

> I was able to use a video capture card on a PC to make a video of a
> slideshow I cooked up using the method Robert Gault is referring to.

How much of the poor quality is due to that.

I actually looked at it with no glasses, $4,400 well spent.

Somewhere on http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/index.php

there is a 256 color display suggesting what a FPGA could do, but I cannot
find it.

(Not actual screen capture.)

SHF