[Coco] Gold Plating the Tin Card Edge Fingers of Old Coco Paks, MPIs, etc.

George Ramsower georgera at gvtc.com
Sat Apr 13 21:50:14 EDT 2013

Kip,

 What I have done in the WAY past is cut a gold plated edge connector off of a PC ckt board and soldered a short ribbon cable between it and the original together, after cutting the original connector somewhat shorter. This gives felexability and a new, gold plated edge connector onto that device. It isn't easy to plug it into a Coco connector, but it is doable.
 Re-tinning the old edge connectors is possible if all the original copper is in place, enough to solder to.  I'ts a pain in the petuty but, doable. Clean and polish the old edge connector very well or the solder won't stick.

George