[Coco] CoCo Ethernet for $25-$30...

Frank Swygert farna at amc-mag.com
Sat Apr 13 08:21:24 EDT 2013

Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 06:51:01 -0500
From: Allen Huffman<alsplace at pobox.com>

On Apr 11, 2013, at 9:35 PM, Joel Ewy<jcewy at swbell.net>  wrote:

> Allen, I've just started laying out a ROM PAK enclosure replacement in OpenSCAD to make with my 3D printer.

The future meets that past right here on the CoCo list. Wow. I have been keeping my eye (loosely) on that tech. One of the chains (Staples?) is putting them in stores (outside the USA?) so you could upload a design and have it printed and go pick it up. I can't wait for that to hit local. Then one day, have my own. Specifically for things like this.

Keep us posted! I'd love to see pics of something for the CoCo made on a 3D printer.

Heck, build your own Allen, then offer services to the locals!! Can't find it now, but I saw a page that listed parts prices, was around $400.

http://reprap.org/wiki/Build_A_RepRap
http://techland.time.com/2013/03/04/how-an-83-year-old-inventor-beat-the-high-cost-of-3d-printing/

--
Frank Swygert