[Coco] 64 column "low res" text sceen on coco3

William Astle lost at l-w.ca
Fri Apr 12 17:02:05 EDT 2013

On 13-04-12 01:44 PM, Kip Koon wrote:
> William,
> This is very cool!  Fantastic work!  This will enable a lot of the old games
> to be updated for the Coco 3 and new ones created.  I can hardly wait to see
> what everyone comes up with using this new knowledge.
> Could you create a master video modes file with a table detailing all the
> codes for each memory location and the modes they produce please.  I would
> love to experiment with these also.  Thanks a bunch.
> Kip

As Nick Marentes has noted, the FF9C semigraphics hack is not new
information. What might be new is the specific behaviour of FF9C values
11 through 14 but I have no reason to suspect I'm the first one to
carefully study the results of those values.

For the most part, the proper bitmap modes in coco3 mode are more useful
and easier to understand. And for text, the coco3 text modes are more
useful.