[Coco] CoCo Ethernet for $25-$30...

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Thu Apr 11 22:35:56 EDT 2013

On 04/10/2013 09:44 PM, Allen Huffman wrote:
> On Apr 9, 2013, at 8:31 PM, Aaron Wolfe <aawolfe at gmail.com> wrote:
>> We need to think seriously about a "modern" interface between CoCo and
>> (something) where (something) is any of the above, ideally.  A
>> standard way to connect a Pi, audrino, propeller,  the next big thing,
>> and so on.
> Here here!
>
> When looking through the 1983 Rainbow (link posted earlier), I was seeing all kinds of ads for ROM PAK enclosures and other hardware hacking stuff... I had no interest then, but sure would now.

Allen, I've just started laying out a ROM PAK enclosure replacement in
OpenSCAD to make with my 3D printer.  The cool thing about doing it that
way is that it can be customized on an individual basis with cutouts for
controls, connectors, cable outlets, et cetera.  A game-sized cartridge
will just barely fit on the build platform of my Thing-O-Matic.  In
fact, I'll probably have to try several goes before I get the part
positioned just right so that it fits in between the screw heads that
hold the build platform down.  But it should be doable.

When my tax refund comes in I plan to get the parts I'll need to make a
RepRap Mendel, which I think has a bigger build platform. That will also
increase the rate at which I can produce things if I run 2 machines in
parallel.

JCE