[Coco] CoCo and Rasberry Pi ( and Software Rant )

David Ladd drencor at gamepixel.net
Wed Apr 10 18:50:31 EDT 2013

Actually at one point I was hoping to create a becker/boisy interface cart.
that would use
http://www.saelig.com/USBO/U013.htm
for the virtual serial port on the PC.  Then the interfacing logic to the
TTL side of this device I diagrammed out as being possible to do.

The problem I ran into was the logistics of actually creating it. I had a
few 74LS type chips to do the addressing decoding for both status port and
data read/write.  Mark told me it would be better to invest into CPLD chips
which I looked at and he is right.  So it is very possible to create a
becker/boisy interface cart.

I myself just don't have the resources in place to even beginning to invest
in a venture like this.  One of the groups, that are on the list, which
have schematic layout software and board layout software would probably be
ones that might have to pick this up.  Also I don't have the
diagnostic/data analyzers to verify that everything is working as intended.

At some point I might still try doing a wirewrap prototype using a Glenside
IDE board as those have 2 (40pin) IDE type solder pads on them for someone
adding cart slots onto them.  So was thinking of putting a 40pin connector
on one of them and then wirewrapping something onto it.

hopefully someone with the skills and backing will jump on this.  Just from
looking at what I have researched it should be very possible to do.