[Coco] Tandy Radio Shack Color Computer Burke OS9 Hard Drive Interface

Bill Gunshannon billg999 at cs.uofs.edu
Tue Apr 9 21:39:58 EDT 2013

> On Tue, 9 Apr 2013, Bill Gunshannon wrote:
>

>>> This use IDE HARD DRIVE?
>>> Tandy Radio Shack Color Computer Burke OS9 Hard Drive Interface
>>>
>>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tandy-Radio-Shack-Color-Computer-Burke-OS9-Hard-Drive-Interface-/321101228382?ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123
>>>

>> ST506, I think.  Good luck finding disks for that.
>
> I amassed a good assortment of MFM and RLL drives at Hamfests in the early
> 2000s.  This was before The Great Recycling Push sucked in all such
> things.  But, at best these things are not all that reliable.

I had a bunch, too.  Used them in PDP-11's.  Most die from "stiction"
if they sit long.  Others develop very loud bearings before finally
failing.  I would crtainly not be trying to build a system based on
them today.

bill

billg999 at cs.scranton.edu |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |