[Coco] CoCo Ethernet for $25-$30...

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Tue Apr 9 20:17:26 EDT 2013

On Apr 8, 2013, at 5:42 PM, Frank Pittel <fwp at deepthought.com> wrote:

> Most of these products will work fine with Arduino as well as Parallax micros. The Xbee stuff is interesting
> since it allows for wireless serial at 115K!! There's an adaptor that allows one to be connected to a PC via
> usb. Connect one to your computer via usb and another to the bitbanger on a coco!

I have a set of Xbees, which I bought from RadioShack of all places! They are very neat, and a local place I do some work for (Renaissance festival, Halloween haunted houses, etc.) has a setup of outdoor laser tag equipment that is all based on the Xbees but using ones with the 1.5 mile range instead of the small ones I have from the Shack.

> PS - I know I'm strongly in the Parallax camp but there's something about a micro available as a 40pin DIP
> with 32 IO pins that has 8 independent cores (they call them cogs) each running at 80MHZ that I like.

I have done much work with BASIC Stamp (www.efx-tek.com Halloween prop controllers) which is what got me in to this years ago. I wish I had stayed with it all this time.

Have you done any interfacing with the CoCo?
-
Allen Huffman - PO Box 22031 - Clive IA 50325 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
Sent from my MacBook.

22nd Annual "Last" Chicago CoCoFEST! April 27-28, 2013. Lombard, IL. http://www.glensideccc.com - And check out the CoCo-X project: http://kck.st/16fAwkf