[Coco] CoCo Ethernet for $25-$30...

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Mon Apr 8 23:59:14 EDT 2013

On Apr 8, 2013, at 12:45 PM, Aaron Wolfe <aawolfe at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I have ben waiting over a decade for someone to come out with some way to get a CoCo on the internet without it just being a PC on the internet with a CoCo attached... Still hasn't happened, so I guess one of us will do it then figure out a way to standardize the interface so software can be written.
>
> I don't think this assessment is fair.  The web server, telnet client,
> inetd, smtp client, etc that work with DriveWire 4 all process their
> respective protocols at the TCP layer.

Yes, true, and I understand. But it's just a PC doing something and then the CoCo is basically downloading it. If someone hooked up a PC to the CoCo so it could print via parallel, it wouldn't feel the same to me as a CoCo parallel port adapter. If "let me show you what I can do on my computer" involves another computer, I'm just not sure it's quite the same.