[Coco] coco xt-rtc adapter by Burke and Burke (From TandyCoCoForums)

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 01:11:08 EDT 2013

The Burke&Burke interface connected the coco expansion bus to the IBM-PC
"ISA" bus. Any HD controller could be used, MFM or RLL. In the docs, various
drive types were suggested, along with controllers which were suitable.

There were in fact 3 cables from the controller card to the drives; One
control signal cable which daisy chained to the two drives, and one extra
narrower cable to each drive which carried the data signals.

Two models of the interface existed (IIRC), B&B XT and B&B XT-RTC. The
difference being that the latter had the DALLAS DS1215 chip and a battery
fitted. A ROM could be fitted to the IBM-PC controller in place of its BIOS,
which allowed booting directly from the HD.

Regards, Bob Devries
Dalby, QLD, Australia