[Coco] One Liner Contest

William Astle lost at l-w.ca
Sun Apr 7 17:40:45 EDT 2013

On 13-04-07 03:27 PM, Darren A wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 2:19 PM, Aaron Banerjee wrote:
>> I'd like to see if anyone can write a "one liner" (or "two liner") BASIC
>> program that doesn't call ML subroutines, etc, that can actually generate an
>> ?ST ERROR by actually having a string formula that is too complex.  I've
>> never been able to do it without "cheating."  I'll see what I can do for
>> chipping in on the prize if someone can...
>>

> Too easy!  Here's my solution (no prize necessary):

Maybe we should have a contest to see who can explain why a ?ST ERROR is
even possible in the first place.

Did you know that you can have a similar situation with non-string
formulas? If memory is low enough, you can get an ?OM error on a regular
numeric calculation. It's really confusing when you get ?OM ERROR IN
###, look at ###, and all you have as a simple numeric calculation.